Dambulla Day Tour
This temple in Dambulla is called Dambulla cave temple and also called Golden temple of Dambulla it is a UNESCO World Heritage site it was constructed in the first century BC by King Walagamma and succeeding Kings added to its maintenance repair plus prosperity. This is a world acclaimed cave complex of 5 caves with 157 magnificent Buddha statues, images and paintings. There are lots of murals painted on the rocks ceilings and walls with impressive designs and colours emphasising the artistic talent of ancient days. Another fascinating feature is the dripping water droplet collecting bowl placed at the right side of the cave complex.
The walk in Dambulla temple is both insightful and memorable as it is a sacred pilgrimage site for 22 centuries and the largest best preserved cave complex in Sri Lanka.
See the beautiful and the major attraction of the cave temple complex of dambulla and also the Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium.Book your Dambulla day tour with us and make it memorable..
- You will be picked up from the from Katunayake Airport or hotel
- Travel to Dambulla
- Visit the Dambulla Golden Rock Temple
- Golden Rock is a cave temple which dates back to the 1st Century BC. The caves house the largest collection of Buddha statues in one place
- Drive back to Hotel or Airport
- Clean and Air-Condition Luxury Vehicle.
- Entry Fee at the Visiting sites
We are operating this Dambulla day tour from Colombo, if you need this day tour from any other places in Sri Lanka, we can arrange according to your requirements.